Friday, October 10, 2008

A week from now and...

In less than a week I will be at scrapbooking retreat... I am sooo looking forward to this!! So, in anticipation and with the hope that I won't be using up half my time trying to decide what layout to use and what photo and what paper and what embellishments, etc. (which is what always happens!) I am looking for layout sketch ideas for 2, 3, 4 photos per 12x12 page. If any of you happen to have ideas or know of good websites for layouts (I don't want to hunt too much - leave that to the men... I am more of a gatherer than hunter!) Please comment me with good sites or ideas you have. Thanks. I am looking forward to a relaxing and fun weekend with some productivity and not a lot of wasted, frustrated time!

Also, the weekend after our kid's school is having their annual Cow Plop. If you don't know what that is (and that's only because I haven't bugged you about buying a ticket or two) then let me explain: People buy a ticket which is then given a number on a grid. The grid is marked by a survey team in a pasture. The cow is let into the pasture. When the cow "plops" they mark the location of the plop and if it is on your area of the grid you WIN MONEY! You can win $200, $500, and $1000!!!! Tickets are $4 each or 6 for $20. Really a good return on investment if you win, and still a good investment as the money goes to fund our wonderful school. Besides all that, there is an traditional kids' harvest carnival with fun games (fish pond, cake walk, etc), concessions (chili, hot cocoa, bake sale, etc) and lots of time to gather with friends and family! If you haven't come before, please make it a part of your weekend (Oct 25, 12 - 3 pm). It's a great family activity and has become a tradition for many. Our family looks forward to it each year. It all happens across from Walker Field on 4th Street in Lewiston Orchards. If you are interested in tickets, please comment me or call.

Finally, on the same weekend as Cow Plop, our church is hosting a "SCRAFT" weekend which is from 6 pm to 10 pm Friday the 24th and 8 am to 8 pm Saturday the 25th. SCRAFT is a combination of Scrap + Craft = SCRAFT... So whether you scrapbook, make cards, knit, crochet, quilt, needlework, etc... if it's a craft bring whatever you are working on or a project you need to start to River City Church and join some fun ladies for crafting and conversation. No cost, just bring a snack to share if you can.

Hmmm. I know there is much more going on, but those are what I am excited about right now. Of course, I also have Bunco that week and I think Scrapbook group sometime in the same period... I will be busy!!

No comments: